20 September 2008

the line between the devil's teeth

'...and now, back to our program.'

Our goverment has announced the largest bailout since the Great Depression...I will quite simply be astounded if McBush gets elected after all of this. Clinton was no saint, but we did enjoy the strongest economy in 40 years, a nearly balanced budget (we're currently in the red by Trillions of dollars) and things were looking good...The Bush clan ran the place into the dirt by helping out their lobbyist buddies and making the average tax payer foot the bill. Welcome to the kakistocracy, one way or another, it won't last long.

Let's quote BadTux here:
"John McCain has 177 lobbyists working for his campaign, of which 83 are lobbyists for the financial services companies in trouble right now. Do you really think he's going to vote for the proper regulation needed to keep the money supply stable and the economy strong, given that he has 83 voices talking into his ear saying "don't do that"?"

This country is both interesting and frustrating...

I wound up going back to sleep...for an hour and a half. An adrenaline rush after four *real* hours of sleep is not fun for me. I hate being late to anything.

I temporarily applaud the judgment of the Illinois State Police for pulling over the jacknape who was tailgating me and high-beaming me while I was slowing down (from 85 to 65mph) after noticing the previously mentioned officer in waiting in the median. Course, had I been up someone's ass with my one headlight POS Galant, I might not have seen the once again mentioned officer. Just so happens that he was climbing further up my automotive sphincter with high beams flipping when we passed the predator in waiting. About a mile later, the predator caught up with his prey and I'm sure a ticket was in order...hopefully, he was busted for every possible violation. They are typically unforgiving, the ISP, and for Thursday night, I hope it was no different.

I came home after that incident to have a skunk cross my path in the dark...fortunately, once again, I was not cropdusted by Pepe. Two successes in one night? Not the day to buy a lottery ticket...my luck has been exhausted.

Friday night...was spent cleaning the abode and studying for a mid-term. This not sleeping completely through the night is kicking my ass. I cannot remember anything...like the last three weeks of class, for example. And now, a midterm. *sigh* This should be interesting.

The highlight of my day today: The best looking woman in the Hair Cuttery cut my hair today. Sad, isn't it? That's all it takes. I need to do something about that...

Tonight is a "meet and greet" dinner with a financial planner...with someone Beth knows (the couple use this guy-he's hosting the dinner). Eloquence escapes me once again. I've got lots of questions, so I'm looking forward to it.

I've decided to get rid of all of the little annoying BS things in my life that are making me hypothetically rip my hair out...so I'm fixing the clunking noise in my car, the squeaky brakes, the slow ass computer (I'm going to build another one), the even slower internet connection, and the general disorganization (although, admittedly, I'll never be organized "enough" to be satisfied). My idiotropic process won't allow it.

Background Tune: "Counting Blue Cars"--Dishwalla (what happened to these guys?)

No comments: