I'm amazed at how much of humanity Paul Newman was able to touch, absorb and affect. He was a great actor, a humanitarian, a humble, modest man. He personified the definition of a "gentleman". Donated profits to charity, helped the less fortunate. He and his wife, Joanne Woodward celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in January of this year...I cannot even imagine the loss she feels.This guy was an amazing actor, husband, father, race car driver and example to the rest of us.
"I was blessed to have known him. The world is better because of him. Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - Sally Field
"Paul was a very fine actor and a really good race driver. But mostly, he personified humanity -- always taking care of those who were less fortunate. For me, this will be his legacy." - David Letterman
"He was my hero." - Julia Roberts
"He set the bar too high for the rest of us. Not just actors, but all of us." - George Clooney
No comments:
Post a Comment