27 November 2011

Black Friday...again

Black Friday...last year, I went to Sears and bought a tool box because it was 1/2 price.  This year, Kelly and I went to Home Depot and bought Christmas lights for the house...at 8:30am because they were $2.50 for the LED version.  No other real shopping beyond that...I enjoy the fact that neither of us is so driven by 'the deals' that we feel compelled to get up at o'dark :30 to go shopping.  I buy most of my stuff online anyway...

It is interesting to hear the news stories about how people simply lose their marbles and punch/kick one another to get 'the deal', take it home and wrap it up like a prize and give it to someone as a token of their relationship.  I wonder if the receiver would feel *better* knowing that people got pepper sprayed so that gift would wind up in their hands.  Are people really that shallow and materialistic?

....yeah, they are that shallow.

It's an interesting socioeconomic experiment every year.  Society fails pretty much every year...but at least it's entertaining to hear just how far someone will go for a pair of underwear.

Background Tune: "Kids" by MGMT

No comments: