I'm reading a book: "In Spite Of Everything" by Susan Gregory Thomas...it was given to me by a friend after she read it and thought it would resonate with me. While I'm not a child of divorce, my parents had the 'absentee' thing down pat. I was a latch key kid at 5 and made my own dinner most nights by the time I was 7-while my mother was out doing whatever it is that she did when she wasn't home. My father bailed out when I was 2.
It took me a couple of days to pick it up and start reading it but now that I have, I find that I like it quite a bit. It's basically a book about Gen X and how our childhoods have altered the way we perceive the world . Gen X is the largest generation affected by divorce, independence and selfish, if not absentee parents-as a result, Gen X parents over compensate in the effort to not repeat their childhood experiences. The generational comparison to the Baby Boomers and Gen Y provide some interesting illustrations about our collective comprehension about the world, our relationships and our 'motivators'.
Kelly and I went to start the registry process for our upcoming wedding. In little more than an hour, we compiled a 5 page list of things from BedBath, with the intent of also going to Target and Home Depot (my choice). I have to admit: it was painless and bordered on fun. We have a unique ability to make things fun for one another...
It took me a couple of days to pick it up and start reading it but now that I have, I find that I like it quite a bit. It's basically a book about Gen X and how our childhoods have altered the way we perceive the world . Gen X is the largest generation affected by divorce, independence and selfish, if not absentee parents-as a result, Gen X parents over compensate in the effort to not repeat their childhood experiences. The generational comparison to the Baby Boomers and Gen Y provide some interesting illustrations about our collective comprehension about the world, our relationships and our 'motivators'.
Kelly and I went to start the registry process for our upcoming wedding. In little more than an hour, we compiled a 5 page list of things from BedBath, with the intent of also going to Target and Home Depot (my choice). I have to admit: it was painless and bordered on fun. We have a unique ability to make things fun for one another...
I finally joined the ranks of those listening to Pandora...now that it's free, I'm back into it. And I have to say, I've already found some good stuff to listen to and buy for my slowly expanding collection. I've been craving new music and Pandora doesn't disappoint.
I'm about -><- this close to finalizing my project...still waiting on 'the guru' who tried today to talk in enough circles to buy himself a week to complete 15 minutes of real work. The only thing holding me up is him...and when the corporate people come around on Thursday, they'll be made aware that it's all waiting on him-everything else is done.
I found a few new opportunities that I'm going to chase down in the hopes of getting the hell out of where I am-the rock flipping adventure shall resume until the rocks once again get too small to pick up.
Background Tune: "Mankind's Disease" by :Wumpscut:

No comments:
Post a Comment