09 November 2011

Now it won't be long...

The rock flipping expedition is getting a bit sparse...The rocks are getting smaller and spaced more distantly apart.  I keep waiting for my electronic mailbox to populate with something more rewarding than what I'm doing now.  I find that I'm either way over-qualified or under-qualified enough that I cannot be considered.  My marketing team (me) hasn't figured out how to increase traffic to my offering.  It's a bit frustrating.  In a way, I've become my own worst enemy.

I wonder how many years Charlie Brown checked his mail box on Valentine's Day-in the hope that he'd finally receive the one card he desired-before succumbing to the reality that it just wasn't meant to be.  Did he try anything different?  Was there a clear pattern?

Then I ask myself..."Is there a clear pattern?"  "What can I do differently?"  I'm greeted with silence.  Someday, that silence will speak to me.  I just hope my ears still work and my mind is receptive to what it hears.  I'm now operating on sheer morbid curiosity since there's so little else to keep me occupied and engaged at work.

Something is bound to happen...there are enough things out there in the ether with my name on them...eventually, one of these bottles I've tossed into the sea is bound to return with a message not authored by me, right?

Eh, whatever.

Background Tune: "The Idea of Growing Old" by The Features

No comments: