Today, Kelly's mom and sister came over to help out with the condo revitalization project...we wound up painting the office a brownish-tan color. It used to be a light periwinkle but due to touch ups and the vast number of pictures removed from the wall, it was looking a bit haggard...so I was sent to HD to pick a 'neutral' color.
I spent all of 20 seconds picking out the color from the 15,000 options. It was expensive paint but it went up in one coat and covered the walls quickly and easily. BEHR Premium Plus...good stuff.
We also cleared most of the stuff off the deck and decided to replace the floor planks due to rotten wood. It would take longer to refinish the remaining boards than replace, primer and paint them. And it's really the only flaw in the place now.
Well, except for the water heater that's roughly two weeks old that decided to quit working today. It's got one of those fancy Honeywell electric pilot light things on it-similar to a gas log fireplace. When the water heater was installed, the plumber had a tough time getting it to light...but I finally got it to work-noticing that as long as no one touched the unit, it would work. I've only had to light it twice since it was installed...until today, when it will no longer stay lit. So I called the 800# on the water heater and they're sending out a new control box and some plumber dude will install it. Two days without hot water...but they're not bad since it's 90 degrees outside and I don't mind cold showers.
Kelly's mom and sister cleaned the entry door, entire foyer, stairway and doormats of the 4 unit building...and I have to say, it looks a LOT better! I worked on the deck and did some measuring for wood replacement which is going to happen this week when it's not raining.
It's time to get out of this condo.
I haven't had a lot of time to work on my car but I have sold quite a few extra parts-funding my ability to buy needed NOS parts so that when the car goes back together, it should be much easier. I've got a few packages in the system now.
The project at work is picking up speed and progress is easier to spot than it has been in quite a while. I have three weeks to finish it before the bonuses are calculated and the current president goes back to Japan-his replacement taking over the day he leaves. The transition is going to be interesting nevertheless.
The greatest oak was once a little nut that held its ground~Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment