06 May 2011

Thank you, Sony....

For all of the bitching people do about Chase bank, I have to say that I'm pretty happy with them overall.

When DSW's servers got hacked and credit card numbers were compromised, Chase canceled my card and issued a new one to me within 2 days.

Now that Sony's servers have been hacked-complete with access to my Playstation Network Account information (including my Chase card)-Chase, not Sony, has contacted me to replace the card before anything goes wrong with it.  Sony still hasn't acknowledged my account or the compromises to it as a result of their failure to secure an Apache server with no firewall.  It's almost like they couldn't fathom that someone might hack into their servers.

Might explain the lack of commercials for their system lately...the system has been down since 20 April 2011 with no hope in sight of restoration.  Good thing we have a Nintendo Wii where we can stream Netflix movies (had to change on Netflix website but not difficult).  I don't typically use PSN for online gaming and had only used it once to purchase something (and probably where my CC number showed up).

They're going to get hacked again this weekend and all signs show that they are completely unprepared for it as well.  Hey genius, try just taking it down completely before the damage cannot be mitigated.

2.2 credit card numbers floating around in space for anyone to use.

I hope Chase sues the shit out of Sony for this lackluster security performance.

Yet another reason that I don't typically 'save' credit card information on web servers when I buy things. 

Every time you give, someone can take...and you don't get to always control who that 'someone' is when they decide to take.

No comments: