16 February 2011

tax forms, part duh

A few days ago, I wrote about a conversation with a former employer about getting my tax forms.

I received a call this morning from the same woman.  She tells me that I must have given her the wrong address because they got my original tax forms returned to them in the mail.

Yes, you moron, I want someone else to file my taxes so mail the forms to them.  I won't worry about it any more.

Again, I recite my information to her.  She stops me at the street address and name, saying "Are you SURE that's your address?"  If she's looking for an invite, she's got quite the wait ahead of her...

Really?

I tell her the city and ZIP code even though she didn't ask for them.

Dead silence

I'm thinking she either set the phone down or suffers from narcolepsy...no, she'd found the mistake:  They had the wrong city and ZIP code but it took her a minute to figure it out.  Then here's the best part-she tells me that I must have given them the wrong city and ZIP code.

So, I ask her: "What does it say on my file in your computer system?"

[a minute passes and keys click in the background]

And then I hear it: "Um...oh, yeah.  Okay, we'll fix it and get it back to you.  Thanks.  Buh bye."

Hank Moody needs to muff punch this chick with a typewriter.

Background Tune: "Prozac" by Denali

No comments: