13 February 2011

music and nightmares...

The Grammy Awards...what is there to be said?  Ceelo Green and Gwenny P did a good job of mashing their two versions of a song that no one saw coming six months ago.  Dr. Dre, Eminem and Rhianna (and Skylar Grey nee Holly Brooks) put on a pretty good performance blend.  Mumford and Sons and The Avett Brothers did good stuff, only to be brought back down a notch by creepy ass Bob Dylan.  Why the fuck did Lady Antebellum win so many awards?  Hasn't that song been out for a decade?  It was decent when it first came out but they followed it up with different versions of the same tired ass song.  

I still don't get the hype with Katy Perry...she's got big eyes and big boobs...(so does Dolly Parton, for the record) and her songs are annoying-in a similar fashion to Justin Bieber (I also learned that we all have Usher to blame for this twit).  I'm not sure which one I'd choose to be stuck with on a deserted island but I'm leaning toward Justin-simply because he'd be easier to throw in the ocean and use as bait.  Katy's covered in make up and semen....two things that edible sea animals probably avoid-and something I'd definitely avoid.  My worst nightmare? Having to be stuck with Kesha and Katy Perry in the middle of nowhere.  I'd be the first to volunteer to 'go find help'...

My thumb is on the mend...I'm able to type with it and bend it slightly but not fully use it yet.

An interesting article about the future of some large companies:


No comments: