I woke up at 4am with a wicked sore throat so I got up to get some more medication to ease the pain. After about 30 seconds in the kitchen, I was overcome with the most intense chill. My legs started shaking, my hands started shaking and I had to go back to bed, turn on the heater and lay there for 20 minutes until I stopped shivering. The muscle spasms were so intense that I could not stand up without holding the counter. After the shivering stopped I returned to the kitchen to take the medication and went back to bed for an hour.
I went to the doctor this morning for a follow up examination. He told me that the chills might be a sign of a secondary infection so that if I have them again, I need to change the antibiotics to ensure the infection doesn't set in.
The good doctor told me that the report came back on my tonsils and that they were in his top 5 of most bacteria infested he's seen in 12 years. His words, I believe, were "most disgusting tonsils I've seen in a decade". I'm hoping that the sacrifice made now will pay off in dividends for years to come with less illnesses and improved breathing.
I can't return to work until Monday and the next two to three days are the really tough part of the healing process. I'm most susceptible to bleeding from where the germ farms used to reside during the next few days.
I'm growing tired of being doped up all day long. I'm ready to do something productive again...even if that means going to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment