15 January 2010

Day 2

Woke up with a seriously dry, sore throat.  Turns out cutting tonsils out AND having my nasal cavity rebuilt at the same time was not such a bright idea...makes it tough to breathe.

Okay...nose doesn't hurt all that much and I find that to be a bit surprising considering how much work was done to it to fix it.

Throat, on the other hand, hurts in a way that I can't begin to describe.  I was told to compare my pain to the worst thing I've ever experienced...turns out that's tearing my Achilles's tendon back in high school.  It was over 20 years ago but I remember it vividly.  This pain is something that doesn't begin to compare though...

I've consumed several cups of Jell-O, Italian Ice and more popsicles than I care to remember.

I figured out that I have 20 minutes after taking the hydrocodone until it kicks in...and then I have about an hour of productive time-this is when I can eat, drink and move around a bit (and blog).

Every time I move, my nose bleeds but that's expected to stop within a couple of days.

I wish the same could be said of my throat.

No comments: