18 August 2011

the petri dish returns...

I got to work this morning and immediately started to sneeze...not highly unusual since the place is old and dusty and I'm pretty sure that I'm allergic to my office.  Sneezing within the confines of my office happens more than one day per week.  Might also be due to the ventilation system-which I'm fairly certain has never been cleaned and may not have adequate filtration.

The sneezing started and never really stopped.  Within 30 minutes, I managed to sneeze over 20 times (I stopped counting) and my nose started to run like a faucet.

Great, I'm losing the battle with the cesspool of germs dominating my dusty, ill maintained office...

By 11 am, I couldn't get my nose to stop running and the sneezing was nearly keeping pace with breathing...and I was light headed.  Time to go home.

I left at 12pm and headed right for the store to pick up some Claritin D to stop the faucet.  I wound up buying a few other things while navigating the aisles...got home, took the Claritin D and, for some reason, started eating like a refugee.

After a solid hour of non-stop eating and drinking fluids, I passed out.

Apparently, I'm wiped out.  I'm staying home from work tomorrow to finish the recovery process as to not make this harder to evict from my system.

I still find it laughable that they sell 24hour Claritin D in packs of 30 and wonder why there might be an abuse...it's a one month supply and who the hell needs that?  I bought a pack of 10 expecting that I'll be okay by the time they're gone.

No comments: