I managed to sleep in a bit today...some much needed rest after not finding enough to recover. I blame the anxiety of student loans starting repayment in a couple of weeks. I don't like owing people money-and up until now-I was more or less-debt free. The knowledge was worth it and I'm now left to determine if the money was well spent.
Kelly and I went to Starved Rock today after the morning rain left town...and on the way back, we stopped at Lowes to get the rest of the stuff we need to finish the first room we re-habbed. Before the washer and dryer mini project. We bought a new 6 panel door, new bi fold doors, hinges, a lock set, tools to cut the hole for the lockset in the door and a hinge router guide thing. The drywall is going in tomorrow and we should be able to paint after work this week if all else falls into place.
We've already started looking at the next two things: The drainage outside the house (to get water away from the house) and the laundry room, part deux. The 4th bedroom should require a minor repainting, a couple of doors and window treatments...very inexpensive in the grand scheme.
We've decided to skip any major renovation on the downstairs bathroom-short of some paint and window treatments/doors/hinges. The sink, toilet and tub are fine...the floor is going to need some work and the tub surround is mediocre. Given how much we use it (not much), it'll wait.
Then we'll start on the Family Room..which is mostly paint and a few light switches.
We are collecting a good assortment of required tools for the renovations and should make future endeavors less expensive and shopping trips more efficient.
Also added to the list is a new set of rear shocks for my car...apparently the factory was able to determine that the shocks would last just long enough to escape the warranty. I missed it by three months...so they're getting replaced tomorrow. The car is rather unsteady at speed when one of the shocks dies...it'll be nice to be able to drive it 'regularly' after tomorrow night.
No comments:
Post a Comment