Had a temp get ignorant on me today...told him and his sidekick they were working too slow and he decided to bitch about it for 15 minutes until I walked up to him and asked if he'd like to be relieved of his work responsibilities. He got loud, I shut him down and he went back to work. His attitude and overblown sense of pride (or ego) might be the reason he has yet to secure permanent employment, no? I don't take things personally so it didn't bother me. Next time, he gets bounced out on his ass...no questions asked. I'm only 'nice' once. I'm actually surprised that this is the first time in the course of this project that this has come up...but there's always one.
Tried to set up a meeting with the VP (also the CFO) to understand the way he's calculating the inventory reserve so that I can clean up some residual issues from the past that are now affecting the project. He basically told my boss to "buzz off". If we're supposed to use the reserve set aside as a result of slow moving inventory but he refuses to inform us about the amount or time table-how the hell is anything going to get done?
Simple answer: It's not. And I'm not going to worry about it. When this all blows the fuck up in two months, it'll all be traced back to him via email...and man, do I hope it blows sky high! It'll be like a fireworks show in the middle of Fall.
Came home and decided to work off some of the stress of the day...so I broke out the lawn mower and went out to the back yard. Cleaned out the already clean garage, did some edging in the front yard, washed the car-went back in the garage to clean some more...and now I'm done. And no longer contain stress.
It's going to be a long month.
No comments:
Post a Comment