14 January 2018

2018, part 2

Ten days.  It's been ten days since I adopted this illness and while most of it is gone, there's some remaining detritus that refuses to leave.  Soon enough, I suppose, it'll be gone but I'm getting impatient.

In the wake of having literally nothing else to do - I started applying to local jobs that sound even remotely interesting and probably pay half of what I was making at the last job.  The job prospects around here aren't great to begin with so I'll either wind up taking a low paying job or fighting myself to stay unemployed in the hope that I'll find something more worthwhile.

My career choices have forced me to start over each and every time - like some unlucky alcoholic who loses all of their shit and has to start from scratch - because what better place to build from than the bottom?  I guess it's a good thing I can't imagine being retired because I'll probably never be able to afford it at the rate things are going.  If there's been a bad choice to make in one's career, I've made it.  I'm like the Wile E Coyote of career choices - spending more time and effort looking for the next big thing because I'm bored at work and then bailing out right before my fortune would have changed on its own. 

It's shit balls cold out, I'm still sick and all I've done is watch television for ten days...I really hope that this isn't indicative of how the rest of this year is going to go because I'm going to lose it if this continues much longer.

No comments: