While driving back from Chicago I became very ill and my situation continued a decline. I initially thought it was food poisoning because of the strong urge to puke - something that I don't recall having to do in probably ten years - but other symptoms revealed themselves and it was pretty obvious that I had the flu - another 'thing' I haven't had in probably 20 years. The second half of the drive back felt three times longer than it really was in spite of the fact that I wasn't driving. A visit to the local urgent care the morning after we arrived (I was too wiped out to go that day we got back) put together a fun experience where a nurse used a cotton swab on the end of a really long stick to 'collect' a sample for a test. That was very unpleasant. I was prescribed Tamiflu and sent on my way.
It's been 2 full days on the medication and I feel a hell of a lot better. I'm trying to rest as much as possible but it's been challenging.
A few random stats:
- Watched all 3 seasons of "The Carmichael Show" on Hulu
- Watched all 7 seasons of "Flip or Flop" on Hulu
- Watched a Jim Norton comedy special
- Tried to watch a Gilbert Gottfried comedy special (it was terrible so I turned it off)
- Watched the first season of "Animaniacs"
I'm about done with the television - and sitting in bed. I need a larger, more important purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment