19 February 2017

Ambitious distraction

The desktop computer has moved on to a new home - a 20 something kid met me in the parking lot of the local Home Depot and handed me a stack of $20 bills to haul it off to his basement or something.  He also got to take home a whole box of cables, paperwork and pieces to the computer case that I was more than happy to hand over.

The laptop is doing okay - there are a few annoying quirks that comes with being an 'early adopter' but I'm sure they'll get sorted out shortly.  It's much quieter and it takes up a lot less space in addition to having a nice 4k display.  I used the cash from the college kid to buy a new 24" 4k display as well.  Looking back, I probably could have done without the touch screen on the laptop but eh, only live once, I suppose.

The disc brakes for the project car were started but have not yet been finished so the car is on jack stands in the garage to this day.  Once I get over my first Atlanta illness, I hope to get back to the brakes on the car so that I can close the book on the project.  I also started organizing and labeling the other parts that I have for the car and while I've made considerable progress on that project, it too remains incomplete.

I'm not sure which is worse:  Not having started my projects or having three of them started but not yet finished...

No comments: