28 January 2017

Everything has been figured out, except how to live.

I've not much to write about - but I did commit to myself that I would attempt more often.

The laptop has arrived and is almost ready to take over for the desktop - it's much quieter and the 4k display is very nice.  Bluetooth connectivity means that I was able to ditch one wire (the audio wire to the speakers).  Overall, I like the new computer quite a bit - although I've not done nearly as much with it yet.  The ambitious part of me wants to go through all of the photos and organize them.  There are at least five hard drives of photos to collect and sort and then store.  Lots of files and data as well.  I'm not sure when or where I'll find the time to do so but it does need to get done.  I suspect there are at least five copies of some photos because of all of the flash drives, external drives and unused drives.  I'll get though it all, one drive at a time once I figure out where I'm going to put it.

Nothing has happened with the project car.  It literally hasn't moved since I got to Atlanta.  I haven't driven it or started it in over a month.  There's no time and I've no interest right now.  I have a set of rear disc brakes coming in a few days - perhaps the arrival of a project will get me interested in the car again.

I also haven't done shit with the cycling stuff - there's a decent amount of stuff to go through but I haven't started that task either...there's a part of me that wants to start riding my bike and there's part of me that just doesn't give a shit anymore.

It's kind of sad that the purchase of a new computer is the most exciting thing that's happened since I moved here but that's where I'm at...I think being cooped up in the house all day by myself isn't doing my social side any good.  Working from home has some advantages but, for me, it also has some serious disadvantages as well.  I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere and I'm completely disconnected from the rest of 'my world'.

There are ambitious plans for 2017 but I've got to get past my overwhelming sense of apathy first...

No comments: