The desktop computer that I built years ago and have upgraded once since due to a lightning strike is starting to crap out...it's blue screened a few times while I'm in the middle of something else. So, it's time to replace it while it still works most of the time. When I built it those many moons ago, I declared that it would be the last desktop computer, so a few days ago, I put in my order for a new laptop. A Dell XPS 15 with a 4k touch display. It's a super fancy laptop that'll take up less space, use less energy and be far more powerful than the giant black box it's replacing. The other bonus is that there will be far fewer cables and wires to deal with...
I bought a few things for the project car - which means that I'll have a small project to work on and I will also have some parts to purge (that belong with the old stuff).
I'm also going to get back into cycling so I'll be going through those clothes and some of the old equipment and replacing and purging stuff from that pile.
One of my not so secret themes for 2017: Get rid of shit I don't use and focus on the things I want to do that could put a smile on my face once in a while. So, I'm going to get more efficient, finish projects, kick start some old hobbies and find a few new ones.
The list is going to be long once I start writing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment