Today was an interesting one...and that's about all I have to say about it.
I'm still a little all over the map so I'm going to simply post up some tunes that I started listening to...again-and admittedly, *hearing* them for the first time. When chaos breaks out, I like to get *lost* in something a little different. These songs are my mental salvation for now...
"Three Days In A Row" by Anouk-...It's an amazing tune from a woman who doesn't sound like what I thought a Dutch woman would in song. Kind of like stuff Adele might sing if she was a bit 'deeper' and less 'commercial'. Anouk is growing on me-but I'm a bit late...like showing up at Christmas with my Spider Man costume on.
"It's Enough Now" by Mandalay-...This song never gets old. And every time I hear it, the meaning changes just a little. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be...
"A&E" by Goldfrapp-...I first heard a Goldfrapp song while viewing "SonicVision" at the Adler Planetarium. I wound up watching the show on two different visits just so I could get enough of the song to use the Google to find it.
"Roads" by Portishead-...Beth Gibbon's voice is, well, haunting and emotive. Exactly what the music and story need to be this good. I have never heard a bad Portishead song...they are only one of a handful of groups for which I state that opinion. The rest of them have a few good songs and a lot of mediocre songs. This is one band I've never seen but would love to see someday.
...that is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment