I took the day off of work today to be interviewed by a recruiter for what she called 'four good opportunities'. I spent two days mentally gearing myself up for the process of being interviewed...and had some odd preparation in the fact that I was interviewing people to fill an open position at my current employer. It's a different mindset and requires one to really *think* about what they do at work...how they do it and why that might be attractive to a prospective employer.
Then, at 8:30am, I received a phone call from the recruiter to say that they are canceling the interview. Turns out, two of the opportunities were filled and the other two were not such a great fit. Why not conduct the interview anyway? She knew that I'd taken the day off of work...left me to wonder if something went wrong on my end that required some sort of immediate repair/alteration. I decided to not dwell on it too long...maybe every failure has not a grand lesson.
I took a slightly different approach to the lost opportunity...I have spent the time updating my resume on all of the typical job sites, searching for existing opportunities and digging around on LinkedIn for 'hidden' gems.
"Flipping over rocks" is my new mantra to find a new job...under one of these many rocks is the prize I've been seeking for some time. I have the drive, no doubt, to make it happen.
I'm also going to use the time to finish some other things that I normally don't have the time to do...clean up of life's little distractions, if you will.
Background Tune: "Mosquito Song" by Queens of the Stone Age

No comments:
Post a Comment