20 November 2009

The opportunity a brick wall presents...

Apparently, the third visit from the police with a threat of a $300+ fine for a fourth visit was all it took to squash the mediocre music from next door.

Speaking of music, I broke down and bought a Lady Gaga song today via iTunes...there are two things that might be wrong with this:  1-I'm still using iTunes and 2-Lady Gaga?  Really?  Yes. Really.  I shit you not.  And-I secretly like the song quite a bit.

The end of the year is coming again...and so is the time to reflect upon the activities of the past twelve months...and in the words of Randy Pausch:

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

This year, while not quite over, has not been nearly as great a challenge as the previous but its had its own set of challenges.  I feel like the lessons learned from 2008 were applied to some extent in 2009...to be fulfilled in 2010.  It's kind of a bummer that it took me so long to figure some of this stuff out...I really like who I'm becoming.  I'm still experiencing 'firsts' and that's inspiring to me...

No comments: