I can't sleep...and what do I do when I can't sleep? I either blog or listen to music...tonight I'm doing both because I'm wired to the fucking gills!
I've started dreaming again...but it's only one dream. I'm falling out of a tree...wait-not just 'a tree' but the tallest tree known to anyone who's ever thought of tall trees and I can see the ground coming at my face 100mph...and right before I hit the ground face first, I wake up. There is no 'snooze' button for this one and it sucks...
It seems that the faster I dig, the more I think..and the more I think, the faster I dig...and next thing I know, I've got one of my feet in my mouth and I'm at the bottom of a very deep hole. I think I've just realized that my mouth is the shovel...and I need to stop 'digging'.
When I get stressed out, I think about everything...fifteen or sixteen times. I just need to stop thinking so much...analysis is the death of practicality in my case. I really hope they don't make a pill for this...I can barely remember to put pants on in the morning as it is.
I was flipping channels in an effort to find something to lull me to sleep...found "Shakespeare In Love" and wondered aloud (I am still talking to myself) if I needed to start writing poetry again...or if a muse might help...but then I realized that she'd have to be deaf and that would negate half of the appeal for me. I need something to help me think about something else...I'm about to drive myself nuts.
I've got four songs going through my head at one time and they're all competing for limited resources.
"If I go everywhere you want me to go
How will I know you'll still follow?"
Background Tune: "Go Jetsetter"--The Postmarks
No comments:
Post a Comment