I find myself thinking more about 'big picture' decisions on a daily basis lately...I used to just make the decision that I thought would make the most sense with minimal analysis-the 80/20 rule, if you will. Every once in a while, I'm faced with a decision that makes me wince...because I want to 'zig' when I know I should 'zag'...for whatever reason. I was faced with one of those decisions recently and while I knew what the right decision was for the circumstance, I couldn't help but feel like I'd made the wrong decision. In the end, everything worked out and I was okay with the decision that I made...looking back, I'd have made the same decision again because it was the right thing to do. Even if that meant that I lost a little ground in another area the overall move was a good one.
Some day, I'll get better at making difficult decisions...who knows, maybe then I'll truly learn to breathe deeply. I am learning...and every great journey starts with what? A first step.
"if you really love me
you would let me go
to find out what I'm meant to do"
"Great Mistake" by Brookville
No comments:
Post a Comment