06 December 2008

Chose my direction: Running forward

What wound up being a rather challenging week ended on a proverbial high note. I managed to get Christmas cards, buy a few gifts, wrap said gifts...and cleaned up the mess I've been making for a week.

Organization found me again after a brief hiatus. I tried 'letting go' of so many of the things that I've held so tight...to see if they've controlled me or if I've been the one in control. Turns out, I don't like disorganization...regardless of what is in control.

I found five books at B&N that will now go into rotation (after I read the book for my presentation on Wednesday) for reading.

I found some long lost classmates on a social networking site I swore I'd never join but did anyway. I've since met and connected with other friends in that space as well. It's been worth the cost to my sense of individuality.

I'm looking forward to 'waking' up...taking a look around and figuring out, once again, where it is that I want things to fit into my life. I've built some great relationships the past few months and I look forward to building more in addition to continually strengthening those already in existence. I hope to some day have the one that will bring me the serenity that's currently asleep in my world. The time is not now and maybe not even soon...but it will come and I will meet it, knowing that I fully deserve all of the things it brings.

People, relationships...and life...they're all a puzzle but they're not impossible.

Background Tune: "Arena"--VNV Nation

Expressed in every word I will ever speak
Brighter than all the stars combined
More than the waters, Earth, and sky
All that I wish and all that I dream
No creed on Earth can replace or provide
In my darkest hour, the comfort I'd feel
Leading me to see I can be more than I expect of me
My beginning and my end
The first and last air that I breathe
More than the sum of everything that I will ever be

No comments: