I was free-writing a few days ago and found some notes from my active reading of "The Last Lecture", a book Michelle gave me to read. It's been 6 weeks since I finished and returned the book...but sometimes, meanings change with the times."Ask yourself: Are you spending time on the right things?" Not quite-but I'm getting there and fast. I just got new wheels for my bike and I'm going to ride the shit out of them...and as a reward in the spring, I'm going to buy $2000 wheels for riding outside...why? Because I can justify the purchase if I'm going to use them....and they kick serious ass...because they weigh less than a tub of butter.
"Time is all you have and you may find one day that you have less than you think" I've been thinking about this...especially lately. In addition to riding more, I'm going to start playing the drums again. It's been several years since I last played...but there's a music store down the street that rents out time in their drum kit rooms. Doing things I enjoy is going to become a staple in my schedule.
"I'm a recovering jerk." Yeah, I can definitely identify with this statement. I had a different word in mind but this one sounds better.
"Luck is where preparation meets opportunity." This should say something about timing...I usually have two out of three...I'm working out the part about being prepared with the opportunity at the right time. I've been close a few times...
"We all have finite time and energy. Any time spent whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier." And it seems that the older I get, the shorter a day, week or month gets. I'll be back in diapers before I know it...then I'll start whining again.
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." I think I'm bordering "expert" in some fields...not such a bad thing, right?
"Brick walls are there for a reason." Yep, to keep all the riff raff out, right? An obstacle in the path just makes the journey more interesting...ever driven through Kansas? You could stand on a tuna can and see the whole state...
I find myself in a good place...the picture is brighter, more vivid and clearly focused. I know exactly what I want and what I can expect.
No comments:
Post a Comment