Wells Fargo rides in and steals Wachovia from Citibank
Turns out, Citibank is going through some internal turmoil in addition to losing Wachovia to Wells Fargo. Sallie Krawcheck, chairwoman and CEO of the bank’s global wealth management unit, is set to leave Citibank. Pandit's ego was bruised and the only recourse is to demote one of the most productive executives in his ranks? Interesting. Sallie's wealth of knowledge will go to use at another company.
The new found regulation of banks will ensure that the economy will rebound. It should be solid but it will be slow. Credit will be harder to get, fewer will own homes or get out of debt. Times are sure to be interesting.
On another note, I'm pretty sure the Cubs are done with this run at the World Series. The loss last night was far worse than the first game. They lost 10-3.
"I don't think you can win 97 ballgames playing that way," Piniella said. "That wasn't good baseball. In fact, the last two games were probably the two worst games we played all year, from a walking and errors standpoint. It wasn't fun to watch, I can tell you that."
What else can I say about it? They've got one last chance on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment