21 August 2008

I hate being sick...

I've been sick since Monday and I am about to lose my mind. It is similar in feeling to strep throat (I tested negative for it on Wednesday) but was apparently caused by nasal drainage. Turns out I have some sort of infection on my tonscils that filled with pus. I'm going next month for a sleep study to figure out why I snore so hard that I can no longer have window treatments in my bedroom. And I'm going to finally get the cyst taken off my thumb. It's been around for three years-it's time to go. I sound like an ogre...next month, it'll be warts and moles!

All I've done for the past three days is sleep, eat and stare into space. The internet connection in my humble abode has been on and off all week due to an upgrade that made a slow internet connection almost impossible to use due to spotty connections. I spent the first half of today resetting the network and updating firmware on the router to eliminate possible suspects...and then, right as I was about to simply give up, it started working again.

I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow-it's Friday and I'm tired of being in the house. I would rather shovel pig shit than spend another day in the house. I don't know how people do this all day, every day...especially if there are no kids or other people around.

I've no inspirational message today-I've been bored and tired for three days so all I really have to offer is a slightly more cynical persona than usual.

Fun with the internet...

No comments: