03 April 2018

Maturity is achieved when a person accepts life as full of tension

The move has been finalized for the end of May.  My wife has found a job and started that job in a Chicago suburb so I'm doing a pseudo-single parent thing for the next two months.  I knew it would be challenging but this has been borderline miserable.  I'm working my way through the absolute anger of a 4 year old who doesn't understand what's going on or why.  We talk about it every day and I try to ease his mind a little that mommy is coming back to visit in 10 days but he vacillates between 'okay' and 'angry'.  I've instituted some additional structure to give him some more predictability but it hasn't gone as far as I thought it might.  We get along for an hour and then it's a struggle for 30 minutes.  Makes a day last far longer than 24 hours.

On top of this - I'm still unemployed.  To say that I am miserable is an understatement...I have what Dave Chappelle refers to as 'poverty panic'.  I don't like the fact that I'm not working, especially knowing that it's going to last another two months...and then, I will self-propel into the job hunt and find a job that fits me.  It's going to be a rough few months AFTER the move.

Fuck.

No comments: