This is an interesting post...short of developing a sinus infection and going to urgent care, I can't really say I've done anything productive in the last week. I feel a little 'out of it' - not quite myself and I cannot pinpoint why or how this has developed. Everything is a bit of a fog - I see things and they don't really register. I should be reacting to things that barely register...my PMP certification being the first in a series of events that failed to yield a proper response.
A couple of days ago, I turned on the grill to cook some chicken - decided to not cook the chicken and completely forgot to shut off the grill - burning an entire tank of propane for nothing. It took a full 24 hours before I realized what I'd done. I caught the position of the burner knobs in my field of view while casually glancing out the window a day later.
I've run out of things to look at on the internet - I space out when I watch television and I am finding it very difficult to become engaged in things - just float from one thing to another. I want to do things but can't be bothered with the effort to actually do them - so I just watch the opportunity slowly vaporize and my mind floats away to the next thing that may happen by...or I simply stare at the wall for 20 minutes with absolutely no thoughts entering my mind. I don't know if this is a place where my normally overactive mind is just taking a break or it has broken and is searching for a way to 'fix' itself. This is a weird place...
No comments:
Post a Comment