17 August 2017

Most failures create some sort of unplanned freedom

I have unexpectedly started looking for a new job already...in spite of the fact that we don't yet know where we will land once my wife finds a job that suits her.  I'm actually in no rush whatsoever to find a new role and only passively started looking.

I've gone through and updated my 'professional social networking' information but haven't yet updated my resume - largely because I had no real plan of job hunting yet.  Given the scheduled call with a recruiter tomorrow morning, I guess I should get on that soon-ish.  The role sounds interesting but borders on being too far away for a daily commute that may turn me into William Foster after a short while.  It's something I seriously need to consider if the role and company sound interesting enough to keep me on the hook.

Not much else has happened...I'm about a week behind where I wanted to be originally but there's really no rush so I'm not all that bothered by the slight delay in my reading up on the PMP.

I am, however, starting to feel a slight twinge of anxiety build up at the realization that I don't have much going on for approximately two months.  Job hunting at toward the end of the year isn't ideal but jumping on the first thing that comes my way isn't pragmatic so I'm sort of tending the two extremes.

No comments: