24 September 2014

Busy doesn't equate happy

I've got a lot going on and while I wouldn't say 'things are going my way', I guess I can't really bitch about things too much...which leaves me with very little to write.

Many, many things have taken place...experiences had and lost, memories made and some forgotten.  Life moves on.  Time, as it turns out, really waits for no one.  Who knew?

I started my second attempt at the CSCP a few weeks ago.  I'm not making the progress I expected, having gone through this in the past, but my instructor says I'm doing 'great' and that I should have no problem at all passing the $800 test in November.  It's a stepping stone that's long overdue and in desperate need of placement.

I went to Japan at the end of August for work.  This second trip was a better flight both directions but the hotel was definitely lacking in comfort.  Either I need to lose weight or the Japanese need to find the top mattress because the 'beds' are essentially the box spring and a sheet.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Several other things have been put on the back burner for now-I simply cannot do them all and the process of pissing myself off in an ambitious attempt at getting them done wasn't helping me sleep at night.

I finally got 'back' into music again and am currently killing these songs in heavy rotation...mostly in my wife's absence so I don't drive her nuts with them.  I listened to these a long time ago but they didn't 'stick'...now they won't let go.

"You are the ocean" by Phantogram
"Pap Smear" by Crystal Castles
"Circles" by Birds of Tokyo
"Fall in Love" by Phantogram

No comments: