Turns out that Kelly is quite handy with the drywall...she was able to take what I couldn't seem to finish and made it work. The television is back up on the wall-with power and a cable outlet. The wall was painted the same blue as the rest of the living room/dining room and it looks pretty good. I'm happy with the outcome.
We had quite a productive weekend around the house: We also finished both of the closets we'd started a couple of weeks ago. Doors got painted and put up, new shelving and new bins in the larger closet-organizing the random pieces we use to piece ourselves together every day. Most of the painting is done (I think Kelly has a few more places to touch up). Furniture started going into place and clean up is progressing.
Between now and our wedding, we're going to focus on finishing up our remaining projects...and then switch to full focus on the wedding and honeymoon. It's going to be an exciting year...and we've got one hell of a jump on it already.
I got a new fork for my mountain bike, so it's almost ready to ride...also helped JB get his bike in order last Monday. Craig, JB and I have a few rides tentatively planned out. I'm really looking forward to getting back on my bike.
The car is on hiatus for a while...funds are low and parts are scarce right now...I've a trip in March to California-maybe I'll get lucky at Bill and Steve's and find some wicked deals on parts. I'd like to get the car back together so I can drive it.
Background Tune: "Lights (Bassnectar Remix)" by Ellie Goulding
No comments:
Post a Comment