Yesterday, I made a mistake at work that was so large that-by the time it's finished-will take me three days to correct the outcome. I'm not one to make many mistakes at work...this one was huge. I screwed up some code to a program that runs our automation system and rendered most of it completely useless for the better part of half the day...before I was able to get it to 'limp' along well enough to prevent total shut down.
It's a mistake I'm not sure to make again. The extra work I've caused not only myself but a few others isn't likely to wander off into the depths of my memory for some time. It has also had the fun side effect of knocking me off schedule for project completion by at least two weeks.
I figured someone would figure out how to screw up the system we recently installed-I just didn't think it would be me. It's likely for the best, however, as some of the other guys would have tried to keep it quiet and that would have made the situation MUCH worse.
Somehow, that doesn't make me feel any better.
The ringing in my ears, however, is now gone. Maybe I simply didn't have enough stress in my life and the ringing was my brain getting bored.
Good times.
Background Tune: "Never Mess With Sunday" by Yppah

No comments:
Post a Comment