15 January 2012

blah...

I don't know what happened to me when I woke up this morning...I wanted to jump on the day-get things going-and then, well, it just all crapped out.  I didn't feel like doing anything.  At all.  For any reason.

...and then I didn't even want to do that.  I was on the internet, posting ads, looking for car parts, a new job, etc.  That got tedious and I found that I didn't have the attention span for it.

I wound up writing down a list of stuff that I have to get done someday (soon).

...then I wound up doing two of them today.  I was rather productive considering that I didn't want to do anything.

What a weird little rut...I think I'm climbing the other side.  I've mentally made some plans to accomplish in the very short term and I feel the motivation to get them done.

Something is killing my drive...my mojo, my motivation...whatever the hell the buzzword is now that's used to describe what motivates me.  It's on fucking life support.  I have a suspicion about what it is but I won't know for sure until the tests come back.  Then I can draw a useful conclusion about my hypothesis and subsequent theory.

...or it could just be the ringing in my ear that won't go away.

Background Tune: "Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn and John

No comments: