25 September 2011

a left turn is sometimes just what we need...

Project Maywood, as I'll refer to it, continues on its wayward but steady path toward redemption.  

Kelly went around the house and put up most of (if not all) of our framed artwork. We got two curtain rods put up and hung up three sets of curtains to replace wood blinds that were improperly installed on the window trim.  It almost looks like two adults live here now.

The 'room' remains as it was...incomplete.  We'll get back to it someday.  Probably when we run out of other stuff to fix.

I declared today that I'm going to climb around in the small-ish attic this Fall/Winter to re-route the cable tv wiring since it's all attached to the outside of the house and it looks like a giant white spider has wrapped itself around the house.  It drives me nuts to see such halfassedness on our house.

I made the odd decision today to use Microsoft Outlook for my two Gmail accounts and two Yahoo accounts.  The set up was simple and fluid.  I'm very familiar with Outlook so I started setting up rules and folders while the email accounts started to sync.  I didn't realize, however, that I would receive EVERY email ever sent or received from all four accounts.  Two accounts go back to 2005, one goes back to 2007 and the last to 2009. 

In a matter of four hours, I received over 5,000 emails into my newly created Outlook.  It was chaos.

And then I decided to use my 'grown up' email as my main account-meaning I had to switch the forwarding from one GMAIL account to another.  That was fairly easy-export contacts from one account and import into the other (exported all of my Yahoo contacts too, while I was at it).  

All contacts in one place.  Mission accomplished.

Then I went to my phone (Droid Incredible) and added my second GMAIL account with the intent of deleting the first one.  Apparently, I would have to wipe my phone to make that change, so I simply unchecked the 'sync' GMAIL feature for that account (this mail forwards to the 'adult' one-meaning that I'd get the same email in both inboxes).  Not quite what I wanted but it works for now.

The Outlook thing is yet to be determined.  I like the interface because I'm used to it and it has more features than GMAIL that are useful to me. 

And it allowed me to find some old emails that I hadn't seen in years.  Those alone are another post entirely.

Background Tune: "War on Drugs" by Barenaked Ladies

No comments: