Score one for antibiotics, Claritin D, Mucinex D AND vitamins...I'm down to coughing and blowing my nose. The sore throat is gone...although given that I've consumed more Halls Vapor Action cough drops in the past few days, I don't honestly know how it could have stuck around much longer. My voice is back to normal. I knew I was on the mend when one of my coworkers told me that I no longer looked like I'd been smoking weed. While I've never done drugs (I don't even like taking OTC medications) it would certainly explain why I'm suddenly eating everything in sight.
I got the opportunity to take the president of my company on a field trip a few days ago to see a horizontal carousel system in action. He was very interested in the system and asked a lot of good questions. I spent Friday (a day I'd planned to stay home and get well) in the office having meetings, chasing down quote requests and discussing the project with my boss and the president during a late conference. I didn't leave the office until around 6 but I came home feeling like I'd accomplished something...and brought some work to do over the weekend. A meeting that started with 2 people has mushroomed into a full-blown presentation with 12 attendees.
I slept until about 9 this morning in spite of my plans to sleep until noon. Just can't stay in bed that long anymore.
Did some stuff around the house, posted to the threads for class and put some more car parts up for sale. Watched some of the most ridiculous shows on television for two hours "Wreck Chasers", "Minute to Win It" and some show about angry teenage mothers....sometimes the boob tube is really what it is...and that's about how the day went.
Tomorrow is more of the same-relaxing and trying to get better before things take off at work...and school gets too much more complicated. 5 weeks to go and I'm done with school.
Background Tune: "Carolyn's Fingers" by Cocteau Twins
No comments:
Post a Comment