05 October 2009

iTunes 9.01 = unique suck

Like the iTunes lemming that I am, I downloaded the latest iTunes today.  I restarted my computer and ran CCleaner to delete any weird install files.

I went into the iTunes store and bought two albums and five songs into it, crash.  I opened it again, downloaded one song...crash.  Rinse. Lather. Repeat.  I went online and discovered that iTunes 9.01 is quite possibly the worst version of the software to date.  Beautiful.

I had no other programs running on the computer...no iPod attached.  I stopped the downloads-changed the "Home Sharing" to "No" and broke the sync of just about everything (photos, movies, TV, etc.).  Tried again and wound up downloading the balance of the two albums.

Leave it to Apple to get me hooked and then fuck me without so much as a kiss before leaving me in a heap.

I think it's time to look at a Zune.

2 comments:

NeoGrapeshot said...

Zunes are nice. I loath Apple products, so I got one to rebel against the ipod nation. Been very happy and never had any problems with it. The new HD models look really sweet.

The Anteater said...

I'm seriously considering it. I've had four iPods-each with its own issues.

Thanks for the comment...