20 October 2009

Absolut chaos

I have two group projects due today...I say 'today' because it's 12:23am.

One is for class-a group project about breast cancer and technology.  The irony is that two of the three people in my group don't understand technology well enough to use spell check for their paper and 'our' presentation.  For that matter, I'm the only one who knows how to put pictures in a PowerPoint (isn't that all people look at with PPT, anyway?).  I'm over it though.  Sometimes, it's best to just let it go and move on...like a medic in Vietnam.

The second group project is for work.  We have a new president/CEO guy coming in from Germany.  To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what his position is with the company.  I just know that he's got status over my boss and to be honest, that's all that really matters.  It's not out of lack of interest that I don't know-it's that my boss hasn't told me who, exactly, this guy is in our company.  I guess I'll find out in about 12 hours when he shows up.  Anyhow, I was supposed to receive a template for our PPT presentations so they were consistent-only, like my team in class, one of my co-workers doesn't understand technology well enough to send me the right template (he sent the old one), so I'll be cramming in the morning to get it done by lunch.

The next obvious question:  "Why the *&%^ did you wait so long to put this presentation together?"  That answer is simple:  My boss didn't tell me what he wanted in it until 4:00pm today...hard to know which direction to go if your boss doesn't know himself...but that's all cleared up now...I just have to run twice as fast to catch up.  It's a good thing I'm used to this sort of 'communication'.

No comments: