I went out shopping recently and discovered something I've always known...I fucking hate shopping. Plain and simple. Department stores are somehow designed to suck the last good bits of your soul straight from your being. It's the crappy music, the escalator that vibrates so bad you cannot hold the rubber hand strip thing, the soul-less people working the return counter (which is almost always hidden someplace upstairs, in the basement or at the back of the store) and the lack of anything in a normal person's size. I wound up trying on about 10 pairs of jeans, bought one pair and went back the next day and returned them because I don't know what I'm doing when I choose clothes, which is probably the reason I look the way I do...I originally set out to buy a pair of shoes for work and wound up with some brown slip on shoes that were a size too big and disgustingly comfortable...returned those the next day too. Now, I have two shirts that my girlfriend picked out for three hours of work in a department store. Where does the time go? Shopping sucks...returning all the crap you bought sucks even more...I hate department stores.
I got a dirty look from some old guy in the grocery store tonight while we were checking out...he was carrying two balloons shaped like butterflies in one hand and a small bag that probably had a card tucked inside in the other hand. He looked into our basket, looked up at me, as if to say "Who the fuck grocery shops at 10:00pm on a Saturday night?"...at least I'm not the one running off to the store to buy butterfly balloons at 10:00pm on a Saturday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment