I sold my car today and there's a little part of me that's sad about it. I have a lot of great memories with that car. I was totally fine with the idea until I saw it reverse out of the driveway when the new owner began his trek back home 5 hours north . Then the memories started to wash over me. It seems weird to be attached to a car.
I remember buying the car from the dealership and thinking that I wouldn't last a month before getting a speeding ticket in it. Oddly, I never got a speeding ticket in this car. It's the only car I've ever owned without a speeding ticket.
It's time to move on to something new...maybe new or just 'new to me'.
This is the potential replacement. It's a 2006 Volvo V70R. This specific car is in Tampa, Florida. I've booked a flight to Tampa next Saturday to go drive the car and see if I really want it. I'm returning from a week long trip to Japan on Friday and I hope that the jet lag will be over...if not, I guess I can sleep part of it off on my flight to Tampa.
Big differences: It's AWD, an automatic and it's a larger car overall. I've been doing a lot of research on potential replacement vehicles and this one fits the bill...it's successor, the V60, also fits the bill but at the expense of a car payment, which I'm trying to avoid. The V70R is a fairly hard to find car. Most are owned by people who sought out this specific model-so they don't sell them as often as other cars.
I hope to create more memories in the new car (and evade speeding tickets). And while I'm not 100% sure that this is going to be THE car, I look forward to finding something equally interesting to own and drive as the Speed 3.

No comments:
Post a Comment