I recently took a break from music exploration for a few months because I couldn't seem to find anything that was even slightly interesting...and by that, I mean that I couldn't 'connect' with anything I was hearing. Music is a big deal to me. I make playlists of the songs that resonate with me at the time...I listen to the songs, the words, the story, the message and then I listen to it again to make sure the connection is valid to me. Most of the time, the songs that 'hit home' are semi-obscure alternative types. Sometimes they're overplayed pop songs that still find some meaning with a single sentence or a chorus that just makes sense for me in that moment.
Having recently lost my second iPod in six months, I've returned to burning CDs for my car...because I have them and, well...they're easier to navigate and replay while I'm driving. I consider it an 'old school' win.
No comments:
Post a Comment