30 July 2013

When treading water isn't enough...

What. the. fuck...

Ever have a suspicion that something is about to go wrong...that sick feeling in the bottom of your stomach...and you think "No, that's too dramatic...that won't happen" and then you see another piece of the equation and you realize that things really are headed in that direction?

That happened today.

At that specific moment, you have to decide if it's the right time and place to stay the course or if the right decision is to make a change.  I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to tread water.  It's not what gets me out of bed in the morning (although I'll be the first to admit I don't always have to have a specific reason).  Doing things because I've always done them is a terrible reason to do things.  I do not want to become a lab rat seeking the cheese at the end of a maze while some new shampoo formula is working itself out on the skin of my hide.  There's more to it than this and I think it's time to find it.

I'm thoroughly disgusted with the direction in which this is headed...there's no way out of the equation without some form of damage.

So I'm off to find a suitable shield and a form of mobility...

TBC.

No comments: