I'm digging around on the net-trying to decide if it's worth it to root my Android 2.2 phone...and then I realized that with Blockbuster having filed for bankruptcy (a year too late in my opinion), the app is gone. One down about fifteen to go. I've had this phone for two months and I was surprised to see the app on the phone-given the state of the company at that time. What a miserable place...now that Netflix no longer requires a DVD to stream movies from the net, using the PS3 or the Wii is much easier. It is a bit ironic that the 'mom and pop' video stores in the neighborhood are still in business while the Blockbuster that once was is now an empty blue awning on an empty building...and the people who were once employed there have most certainly gone on to find far more productive and rewarding careers...even if they wind up working at McDonald's.
Rooting the phone seems to be a bit of a pain in the ass with no way to both keep the updates AND get rid of stuff I'll never use. I think I'm going to wait until someone figures out a better way to do it. Seems like I should just be able to mount the phone as a disk and dig around to delete the files I don't want (the Amazon MP3 app, for example) and make them go away. I'm pretty sure they're not going out of business any time soon....so it'll be up to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment