22 June 2010

“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent”

"Original Sin" by Geographer
http://www.tricycle-records.com/artists/geographer/index.html

This track is the stand out tune, in my opinion, and defines their sound the best...actually it's a toss up between this one and "Kites"...the entire EP is worth purchasing...Michael Deni's voice is amazing...almost ethereal.

If you're into New Order, you have to listen to the Geographer cover of "Age of Consent"...it's the last track on their record label's website. The song...it's pretty damned amazing.  I'm not a fan of cover songs in most cases but this one captures everything that New Order did with their original track...but it adds a little more, oh...I don't know-emotion-to an already deep song.  It's definitely worth a listen if you like New Order's less popular tracks.


"What a Drag" by Bear Hands
I stumbled upon this song while looking for something else online...and I'm pretty much killing this song right now.  The entire album is amazing and should be purchased if this tune is of interest.




"Blood like Lemonade" by Morcheeba
A welcome return of Skye Edwards to the band after the brothers Godfrey took their band on a decade long journey to just about every genre they could without Skye.  It appears they've figured out that their original formula was best.  Skye still sounds amazing-as she did when they started out.  I'm waiting for this trio to have a bad song-seriously, they're all good.



Quote is by Victor Hugo...

No comments: