06 February 2010

...another project

Friday was an exciting night...I removed the aftermarket stereo I installed a few months ago and put the stock unit back in...for a few of reasons:
1. I didn't use 90% of the 'features' on the aftermarket unit.
2. I couldn't get it to sound quite right..too much bass, too much treble...

3. One of my amps didn't play well with it, so I'd have to turn it off before turning the car off to avoid a rather loud 'thump' by the speakers.
4. The factory stereo is a decent unit.

5. I knew I could sell it.  Fast.


So, I spent most of Friday night swapping things out...and somehow crammed all of this back into the dash.

Saturday morning, the stereo was sold on one of the local Mazda forums.


The sound from my new stereo set up is ten-fold better than the previous system.  Now I won't have to screw with it anymore-it's exactly what I wanted.  As a music snob, it's nice to hear that subtle sigh in the background of a track with absolute clarity and have bass that is crisp and tight.

No comments: